There are 6 artists bearing the name Carnifex:
1) Deathcore band from the USA.
2) Finnish old school death metal band.
3) A Danish hardstyle act.
4) A death metal band from Germany.
5) An Estonian progressive death metal band (changed name to <a target='_blank' href="http://www.last.fm/music/Kantor+Voy" class="bbcode_artist">Kantor Voy</a>).
6) A Norwegian black metal band.
1) Carnifex is a Latin word meaning "executioner". Carnifex formed in 2005 in San Diego, California, United States with a starting lineup of Scott Lewis, Cory Arford, and Shawn Cameron, as well as former members Steve McMahon (bass) and Travis (guitar). After releasing two demos they were signed to underground label This City Is Burning Records and released their debut album <span title="Unknown album" class="bbcode_unknown">Dead In My Arms</span> on July 12, 2007. The reasonable success of this album, and the prevalence of the deathcore genre as a whole, attracted the attention of Victory Records.
Carnifex signed to Victory Records in 2008 and released <span title="Unknown album" class="bbcode_unknown">The Diseased and the Poisoned</span> in June 2008, which reached #19 on the Billboard Top Heatseekers Chart. On February 16, 2010, Carnifex released their third studio album, <span title="Unknown album" class="bbcode_unknown">Hell Chose Me</span>
2) The Finnish death metal band Carnifex was formed in 1990. They released a split album with Festerday, and a demo entitled "Decadence", both in 1991. After that, the band broke and nothing has been heard of them since.
3) Named after the Latin word for executioner, Carnifex is made up of DJMads Skov Nielsen (Squarehead) and Anders Bo Wegeland (ABW). The two members also work under the alias, <a target='_blank' href="http://www.last.fm/music/Da+Revolutionists" class="bbcode_artist">Da Revolutionists</a>
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.